In this article, you will find state licensure requirements for the state of Tennessee along with our recommended courses that may meet the state requirements.
PT CEU Requirements:
Current PT’s must complete 30 hours of continuing education every two years. License expires based on licensure month every two years. PT's must also complete 2 hours in Ethics and 2 hours in TN Jurisprudence for each renewal.
- Recommended Courses:
- Professionalism in Practice: Examining Common Ethical Challenges
Tennessee Jurisprudence for Physical Therapy
- Please note that this course is approved by the Tennessee Board of Physical Therapy. PT's must take the course and pass the quizzes with an 80% average to receive an approved certificate. We check completions once a month. We send out approved certificates to the email on the account. For scores less than 80%, we send out communication to retake the learning assessment.
- State Licensing Board: Board of Physical Therapy
OT CEU Requirements:
Current OT’s must complete 24 hours of continuing education every two years. License expires every two years. OT's must also complete 1 hour of Ethics and 1 hour of laws and rules governing the practice of Occupational Therapy.
- Recommended Courses: Ethics for Physical and Occupational Therapy Professionals
- State Licensing Board: Board of Occupational Therapy
SLP CEU Requirements:
Current SLP’s must complete 10 hours of continuing education every year. License expires every two years.
- State Licensing Board: Board of Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology
RN CEU Requirements:
Current RN’s must complete 5 hours of continuing education every two years. License expires every two years.
- State Licensing Board: Board of Nursing