In this article, you will find state licensure requirements for the state of New Jersey along with our recommended courses that may meet the state requirements.
PT CEU Requirements:
Current PT’s must complete 30 hours of continuing education every 2 years. License expires February 1 of even years. PT's must also complete 2.5 hours in Ethics, 1.5 hours in the NJ JAM for each renewal.
- Recommended Courses:
- Professionalism in Practice: Examining Common Ethical Challenges - 2.5 hours
- Ethics for Physical and Occupational Therapy Professionals - 2 hours
- Ethical Considerations for Home Care Personnel in the Digital Age - 1.75 hours
- Business Law and Ethics for Physical Therapists and Health Professionals - 1.5 hours
- State Licensing Board: Board of Physical Therapy
OT CEU Requirements:
Current OT’s do not have any continuing education requirements for renewal at this time.
- State Licensing Board: Board of Occupational Therapy
SLP CEU Requirements:
Current SLP's must complete 20 hours of continuing education every two years. License expires every two years. SLP's must also complete the online Jurisprudence Orientation through NJ Division of Consumer Affairs.
- State Licensing Board: Board of Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology
RN CEU Requirements:
Current RN's must complete 30 hours of continuing education every two years. License expires every 2 years on May 31.
- State Licensing Board: Board of Nursing