The features discussed in this article are currently in beta and are not available to all RTM customers. For more information, contact your account manager.
For the Device Setup (98975) and Device Supply (98976 and 98977) RTM CPT codes you are only eligible to bill once a patient has recorded 16 days of monitoring in a 30 day period. Organizations have chosen multiple ways to count days of monitoring, and MedBridge provides you the flexibility to determine the measurement method that works best for you.
As an organization administrator, you can choose to measure eligibility for the Device Setup and Device Supply codes using either Access Days or Activity days.
- Access Days: The number of days since the patient first logged into their program after RTM was enabled.
- Activity Days: The number of days a patient has recorded an activity, such as logging an exercise, reading or responding to a message, and logging in after RTM was enabled.
To set billing milestone defaults for your organization,
- Select “Settings” from the “My Practice” menu.
- Under the Patient Engagement & HEP Settings section, you can choose either Access or Activity Days for each of the codes, Device Setup and Device Supply.
- Use the radio buttons to set each code. You will be prompted to confirm your choice if you adjust either setting.
This setting determines what information is displayed in the RTM milestone cards on the patient profile as well as within the RTM reporting dashboards for all staff at your organization.