Compliance education is a critical part of healthcare staff training. It helps your organization to improve quality of care, boost staff knowledge and resilience, and reduce risk. MedBridge compliance courses align with applicable laws and regulations and include oversight by relevant healthcare consultants.
This set of compliance courses for staff in hospital settings provides onboarding training recommendations that help meet federal regulations. Additional course options are also provided that may be relevant to your organization depending on your patient population and employee roles.
All of these courses can be delivered to your staff via a Knowledge Track so you can easily assign them and track completion. This track can be customized to fit your needs, including adding or removing MedBridge courses or your organization’s custom content.
To add these courses to a Knowledge Track, start building a new Knowledge Track and search for the name of each course. For more information about building Knowledge Tracks, check out Getting Started With the MedBridge LMS.
Please see MedBridge’s compliance catalog for other relevant courses, such as ones that address state-specific topics.
Track Name: Welcome to Hospital Care Compliance Onboarding
Track Description: This track contains compliance training to prepare for your new role.
Section 1: New Staff Compliance Training
Note: Courses indicated with an asterisk (*) have a shorter microlearning version available at the links below. These courses may be beneficial for more experienced staff who just need a refresher on these topics.
- HIPAA Microlearning: The Privacy Rule and Releasing Information (5 minutes)
- HIPAA Microlearning: Practices to Protect Health Information (5 minutes)
- Bloodborne Pathogens Microlearning: Steps to Take if Exposed (5 minutes)
- Fraud, Waste, and Abuse Microlearning (8 minutes)
- General Compliance Microlearning (8 minutes)
- Fire Safety Microlearning: Emergency Action Planning for Multiple Settings (9 minutes)
- Hazard Communication Microlearning: Chemical Labels and Safety Data Sheets (7 minutes)
- Respiratory Protection Microlearning: Preventing Tuberculosis and Other Diseases (12 minutes)
- Civil Rights Microlearning: Respecting Diversity in Employment and Healthcare (6 minutes)
- Workplace Violence Microlearning (8 minutes)
- Electrical Hazards Microlearning: Lockout/Tagout and Other Safety Measures (7 minutes)
- Active Shooter Microlearning: Run. Hide. Fight (7 minutes)
Section 2: Additional Elective Onboarding Topics
The following courses may also be beneficial to your staff and can be added to your Knowledge Tracks as needed.
Note: The courses provided here are only recommendations. Each organization is responsible for ensuring its own compliance with applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations and accreditation standards, as well as alignment with the needs of its patient population and staff.
Always consult your company’s legal or compliance personnel with any questions or concerns related to this subject matter. These recommendations are not a substitute for legal advice for any individual provider or organization.
Article updated: September, 2023