Our Remote Therapeutic Monitoring Solution is only available for organizations with Enterprise subscriptions using HEP. To turn this feature on or upgrade your organization's subscription, please contact your Customer Success Manager or request a demo.
If you have enabled Remote Therapeutic Monitoring for a patient episode and would like to disable it, you can do so within the first 7 days after you enable RTM. Note that the seven day period begins when you select the “Enable RTM for this episode checkbox,” it is not based on any patient activity.
How do I disable RTM for a patient's episode of care?
To disable RTM for a patient’s episode
- Navigate to the patient’s profile by searching for them in the patient list and selecting their name.
- Select the pencil icon next to the episode name to edit the episode
- Uncheck the “Enable RTM for this episode” checkbox
- You’ll be presented with a confirmation screen, press continue.
Now, you’ll see that RTM enabled no longer appears next to the name of the episode. Your patient will still have access to their home program via the MedBridge Go app, and if you’d like, you can print them off a copy of their program. But for the purposes of Remote Therapeutic Monitoring, this patient will no longer be tracked.
Remember that RTM can only be disabled within the first 7 days after RTM was enabled. RTM can be disable even if a patient has activated, or logged into their account. However, any data accumulated in that time period is deleted once RTM is disabled.
If your patient no longer wishes to participate in RTM after 7 days have elapsed, you can remove them from RTM tracking by selecting “End Episode” from the patient profile. Note that ending the episode will end the patient’s episode completely – your patient will still be able to access their exercises and education within the MedBridge Go app, but will no longer be able to send you messages or provide feedback. If you’d like to continue to provide care using MedBridge after ending an episode, you will need to create a new episode of care.
How do I know if I can still opt opt of RTM for an episode?
As a clinician, you have two methods to view your patient’s RTM opt out date (or the final day you can disable RTM for their episode). Start by selecting the “RTM Reporting” at the top of the page.
- RTM Episodes Tab - Select the RTM Episodes tab. Here you will see all your current RTM patients. Navigate to the “RTM Opt Out Date” column to see the opt out date for your patients.
- Activation Tab - Select the Activation tab. Here you will see all patients who have not yet activated but are still eligible to opt out of RTM. This is a good way to see at a glance which patients you may want to disable RTM for because they have not activated their accounts.
As an administrator, you can also view opt out dates for all patients in your system.
- Start by hovering over My Practice and selecting “RTM Analytics.”
- Select the Activation Tab. By default, this page will show all patients who have not yet activated but are still eligible to opt out of RTM.