We know it’s important to make sure your staff are routinely re-trained on certain topics. Whether you’re training on regulatory issues like HIPAA compliance or brushing up on a topic like OASIS, there are many reasons you might want to assign a course to your staff multiple times.
Historically, we have retired and replaced many of our Compliance courses each year in order to support annual retraining requirements. This meant that you had to recreate your annual compliance tracks each year, and you were limited to reassigning courses that we republished. But now, reassigning courses just got easier!
Now, you can reassign any MedBridge course while maintaining a record of each employee’s completion, making this process easier than ever. In this article, we’ll walk you through a couple use cases for this new feature.
Creating a new Knowledge Track
If you’re creating a new Knowledge Track, you may want to make sure your staff complete a course even if they’ve taken it on their own time. To do so, simply check the “Restart course if taken previously” box after you’ve added the MedBridge course to the Knowledge Track. For more information on creating Knowledge Tracks, check out this article.
When this checkbox is selected, users will be prompted to complete the course again, even if they have already started or completed the course previously. Both the user and the administrator will be able to access records of each completion from their MedBridge profile.
Duplicating an Existing Track
If you’re using MedBridge to assign annual training, you may have a Knowledge Track you want to reassign to your staff year-over-year.
Once you’ve identified the annual training Knowledge Track you’d like to reassign in the Knowledge Track library, you’re ready to get started.
- Hover over the Knowledge Track you’d like to reassign and click the 3 dots in the upper right-hand corner.
- Click “Make a copy.”
- Update the name of the track to reflect the current year (i.e. Annual Compliance Training - 2022)
- Next to each course you would like to reassign, make sure the “Restart course if taken previously” box is checked.
- Click the “Save Track” button in the upper right corner. Then, click on “Assign” at the top of the page.
- Select the appropriate users from the manual tab, or select the automatic tab to create automatic assignments.
- Select the notifications tab to create user reminders or automatic reporting notifications for collaborators.
To learn more about how you can use the MedBridge LMS to achieve your organization’s goals, check out these articles: